Continuing Medical Education
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Application
Physicians may earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for certain specific activities that providers (e.g., Aurora Health Care) cannot so designate. To obtain credit for these activities, physicians must apply directly to the American Medical Association, via the AMA Physician's Recognition Award department.
The activities that the Aurora CME office cannot provide credit for are:
- Articles physicians publish, as first or second lead, in journals indexed by the Index Medicus
- Preparing a poster presentation, which is also included in the published abstracts, for a live activity approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) member board certification and recertification
- Medically related advanced degrees, such as a masters in public health; and
- Participation in an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited residency or fellowship program
Go to the AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Application form.