- YOUR TEAM
- MEDICAL STUDENTS
- NP, CNM & CRNA STUDENTS
- PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT STUDENTS
- SHADOWING & OBSERVERSHIPS
- STUDENT RESOURCES
- PRECEPTOR RESOURCES
- OUR TRAINING SITES
- GET INVOLVED
- CONTACT US
Health & Wellbeing
Here you can find a variety of helpful student resources
- Needle Stick Policy
- Clinical Work Hours Policy for Students - The medical student work hour policy is based on ACGME general guidelines. All clerkships are responsible for committing to and promoting medical student well-being.
- Report Student Mistreatment - We are committed to providing students with a professional learning environment that facilitates the acquisition of the skills and knowledge necessary for effective, caring and compassionate health care. Harassment or mistreatment will not be tolerated. For more information including how mistreatment is defined and how concerns are handled, please review UW Madison's policy on Student Mistreatment.
- Aurora Libraries - Need help with some resources? Connect with our Aurora Librarians, they are full of good information!
Student Health Requirements
Detailed information regarding the student health requirements for Aurora Health Care can be found here. Below is a list of required immunizations:
- Evidence of immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella (2doses on MMR).
- History of Chicken pox or documentation of the varicella vaccine.
- Pre-placement and annual TB test, or chest x-ray as appropriate.
- Proof of being offered Hepatitis B Vaccine (dates vaccine given or a signed declination form)
- Annual influenza vaccination is required between October 1st and April 1st.
Student Health Care Access
Listed below are some helpful student health resources to use during your time in Milwaukee.
Physical Health Care Services
- Primary Care Providers
- Urgent Care Centers
- Acupuncture Services
- Chiropractic Services
- Massage Therapy
- University Health Services (UHS) health services are not available in Milwaukee
- Students are encouraged to consider SHIP or marketplace health insurance
- You may be eligible for a 60 day (post-relocation) special enrollment period
- Handouts are provided and on Canvas to help you make the best decision for you/your family
- Health Care in Milwaukee FAQ
Mental Health Services
Students who want to schedule appointments for mental health counseling should contact Meghan Bahr, Manager of Behavioral Health Services. We have trained providers throughout the state of Wisconsin available to students doing clinical rotations outside of Milwaukee metro.
Manager of Behavioral Health Services
Nicole Eull, our Director of Wellbeing for Academic Affairs, is happy to speak with students about any concerns. She can also help you locate support and services that can help you thrive during your training.
Nicole Eull, PsyD
Director of Wellbeing, Academic Affairs
Aurora Health Care
- Outpatient psychologists available at five Milwaukee sites
- Nurse prescribers available at Sinai
- Adult ADHD testing/clinic - Sinai limited hours
- Hours and insurance taken vary
- Providers do not have teaching/evaluation role with students
- Phone Number: 414-773-4312
- Nine clinics in Milwaukee
- Therapy and psychiatric prescribing available
- Cornerstone is In Network (therapy/psychiatry) for Alliance/FirstHealth (SHIP)
- Cornerstone is In Network (therapy) for many BadgerCare plans
- Cornerstone is In Network (psychiatry) for Badger Care only through the Children's Health Plan
- Phone Number: 262-789-1191
Aurora Health Care is unable to accommodate student requests for TB testing, mask fitting and flu shots. These services are only offered to TRIUMPH and DMU students who are in Milwaukee long-term. Students should instead contact local pharmacies for their available services.
Exercise / Wellness Space
Students can access Aurora sports medicine equipment outside clinic hours.
Many local options available: Planet Fitness, YMCA, etc.
The TRIUMPH program has a dedicated lounge available on the third floor of the A building for...
- Yoga (cushion/mats available for Sinai use)