PGY2 Oncology Specialty Residency
The PGY2 Oncology Specialty Residency is designed to provide residents with the knowledge and skills necessary to practice in a specialized oncology setting. Candidates interested in a career as a clinical oncology pharmacist in the acute care or ambulatory setting are encouraged to apply.
Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center
- Largest of the 14 Aurora hospitals that provide cancer services.
- Wisconsin's largest private hospital, Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center is a premiere destination for world-class patient care, having treated patients from all 50 states and 13 countries. It is internationally known for its expertise in heart care and oncology. Located on the south side of Milwaukee, Aurora St. Luke's also offers exceptional specialty care in areas such as critical care, abdominal/cardiothoracic transplant and neurosciences. It is the home of the Vince Lombardi Cancer Clinic.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Aurora St. Luke's in the top 2 hospitals in the Metro Milwaukee area for 4 years in a row, and #1 in 2015-2016! It is also ranked among the top 50 hospitals in the nation in 4 specialty areas.
Aurora Cancer Care Clinics
- Aurora Cancer Care is a network of 22 clinics throughout the greater Milwaukee area. A large multidisciplinary team of experienced cancer specialists provides complete oncology care in a community setting. Aurora Cancer Care treats more new cancer patients than any other health care provider in Wisconsin.
Specific Learning Experiences
Learning experiences will encompass hematologic malignancies, solid tumors, stem cell transplant and supportive care, and will be customized to the interests of the individual resident. Learning experiences include:
- Autologous stem cell transplant/Hematologic tumors, inpatient
- Department orientation
- Drug Utilization Policy
- Hospice/Palliative care
- Investigational studies
- Medication safety
- Neurologic oncology
- Oncology centralized order verification
- Practice Management
- Radiation oncology
- Solid/Hematologic tumors, outpatient
- Solid tumors, inpatient
- Women's health in oncology
Professional development will be a component of the residency program. Examples include a year-long residency project, rotation projects, in-services, staffing, visits to other institutions, professional organizations, teaching and precepting, ACPE continuing education presentations, interviewing/recruiting and more.
Sol Yoder, PharmD, BCOP
Senior Vice President, Pharmacy Services
Tom Woller, MS, FASHP