- MEET THE RESIDENTS
- RESIDENT CAM
- COFFEE WITH THE RESIDENTS
- CURRENT RESIDENTS
- PROGRAM FACTS
How to Apply to Our Residency Program
- NRMP - 1789120C0
- AOA - 57386
Please apply through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). The following documents are required and can be submitted through ERAS:
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (Dean’s Letter)
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- Current ECFMG status report (for international medical graduates)
Interview Selection Preference Criteria
All applications will be reviewed by the recruitment committee with interview preference given to applicants who:
- Passed USMLE/COMLEX Steps 1 and 2 within one attempt;
- Graduated from medical school within the last 2 years.
- Have documented clinical experience in the United States or Canada that is particularly relevant to Family Medicine (research, non-clinical graduate work or observerships do not qualify).
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
Minimum Interview Selection Criteria
Applicants must meet one of the following medical school graduation qualifications:
- Graduate of a medical school in the United States or Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Graduate Medical Education (LCME)
- Graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Graduate of a medical school outside the United States or Canada who:
- Holds a current valid certificate from the Educational Council on Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) or
- Has a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a United States licensing jurisdiction in which they are training.
Osteopathic Applicants and Match Opportunities
Osteopathic medical students may participate in either the National Matching Service (NMS) for osteopathic medical students, the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), or both.
Our residency program utilizes both matching services. If an osteopathic applicant is enrolled within both services and matches within the NMS, then he/she will be automatically removed from the NRMP match. The match results are binding for both the institution and the applicant.
International Medical Graduates
Graduates of medical school outside of the United States must also meet the following requirements:
- Be a United States citizen, a lawful permanent USA resident with a resident alien permit, EAD card, or green card.
- Be ECFMG certified, which documents the readiness of international medical graduates to enter US residency programs accredited by the ACGME by meeting specific medical education credential requirements and examination requirements. A current ECFMG status report must be submitted with the ERAS application; and
- Have a score of 80 or above on USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 exams within one attempt, and within the last five years.
For additional information, contact:
Program Operations Coordinator
Lead Administrative Program Coordinator
Aurora Family Medicine Residency Program
2801 W. Kinnickinnic River Parkway
Milwaukee, WI 53215
Toll Free: 1-866-326-5853