Aurora Oshkosh / Fond du Lac Market
Welcome to the student experience page for the Aurora Oshkosh / Fond du Lac Market. This market includes an 84 bed hospital (Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh – AMCO), 12 clinics, VNA and other ambulatory services.
For clinical placement information click on www.fvhca.org, find the Student Clinical Placements tab and complete requested forms as indicated.
All Students and Instructor Orientation
Helpful Information Before You Start/oshkosh:
Step 1: Click on http://www.fvhca.org/Students to review the Orientation Instructions; complete the following two modules in this order:
- FVHCA: Infection Control – Bloodborne Pathogens/OSHA – Safety Orientation
- FVHCA: HIPAA-Confidentiality-Compliance Orientation module
Step 2: Complete the Aurora Oshkosh / Fond du Lac Market Orientation module on-line: Click Here
Step 3: Print ONE of the Orientation Checklists below applicable to your student experience:
- Aurora Undergraduate (Hospital) Student Orientation Checklist
- Aurora Undergraduate (Clinic) Student Orientation Checklist
- Aurora Graduate Student Orientation Checklist
Complete the checklist with your preceptor or instructor. Sign and turn in to AMCO Education Department.
Step 4: Submit the following forms to your clinical instructor or school coordinator AFTER you complete on-line orientation:
- FVHCA Form A: Confidentiality Agreement *
- FVHCA Form B: Orientation Modules 1 and 2 Completion Form *
- FVHCA Form C: Organization Specific Orientation Confirmation Form *
* These forms must be on file with your school for regulatory purposes.
- New Instructor Orientation Checklist
- Returning Instructor Checklist
- Computer ID and Passwords (for Cerner Documentation)
- System (EPIC) Access Form
- Badge Issue Form *
* Please return badge when clinical experience is completed
Nursing Students and Clinical Instructors
Nursing students and clinical instructors – please review the following prior to your clinical experience:
- StatStrip Blood Glucose Meters (will need to be checked off by Superuser):
- Medication Administration – eMar
- IV and Central Line Policy (if applicable to rotation)
- Blood Administration Policy
- Abbreviations Unacceptable in Documentation
- We use Alaris™ Smart Pumps – please use the correct profile and Guardrails for ALL infusions. Do not use Basic Infusion.
- DVDs and procedural checklists are available to review pumps and other equipment.
- Just check with the Education Department, 920-456-7196 or 920-456-7347
Smart Chart Documentation
- EPIC Login To Hyperspace
- Hyperspace Tent Card - available at college site. These tent cards contain patient assignments, distribute one tent card to each student.
- Lesson Plan for Teaching | Tips for OB Documentation
- KBNI Resource Tool: Physical Assessment WDL Definition